When a refrigerator’s red filter light is on, it means there’s something wrong with the filter. Find out how to reset the red filter light on your Samsung refrigerator in this article! If your Samsung refrigerator’s red filter light is on, it means there’s something wrong with the filter. In this article,
we’ll show you how to reset the red filter light on your fridge so you can check if the problem is with the filter or with the appliance itself. I’m sure you’ve probably tried to turn off your refrigerator filter light red and turned it back on a million times. I know I have! But, today is the day that it finally works! The first step is to take off the front panel of your refrigerator.
This is going to be a bit of a pain, but it’s not overly complicated. Just remove the four screws that are on the top and bottom of the panel and lift it off. Once you’ve removed the panel, you’ll see the filter inside.
To reset the red filter light, simply remove the old filter and replace it with a new one. Make sure that you insert the filter in the correct orientation so that air can flow through it properly. Once you’ve replaced the filter, reinstall the front panel and screw it back in place. Now your refrigerator’s red filter light should turn off! If not, there may be something wrong with either the filter or appliance itself, so be sure to consult your Samsung warranty if needed.
What is a red filter light?
A red filter light, also known as a carbon dioxide sensor or purge indicator, is a light that indicates that the refrigerator is purging. When this light turns on, it means that the refrigerator needs to be cleaned and the CO2 sensor needs to be replaced. The best way to reset this light is by following these steps:
- Open the door of the refrigerator and check to see if there is any food or debris blocking the air flow through the CO2 sensor. If there is food or debris obstructing the sensor, remove it using a vacuum cleaner.
- Check for continuity between the power supply connector and CO2 sensor connector. If there is no continuity, replace the CO2 sensor.
- Close and lock the door of the refrigerator. Turn on power to the refrigerator and wait at least two minutes for it to reach equilibrium temperature before checking for red filter light again. If the red filter light still turns on, then the refrigerator needs to be cleaned.
Looking For a Refrigerator Repair Service in UAE?
Looking for a reliable and affordable Refrigerator repair service in UAE? Look no further than Albarouda.ae! Our team of experienced and qualified technicians are experts in repairing all types of ovens, from small to large, including traditional ovens and ovens with electronic controls.
We also offer a range of other home appliance repair services, such as refrigerator repair, dishwasher repair, washing machine repair, air conditioner repair and more. So if you’re looking for a trusted and reliable source for oven and all home appliances repairs in Ajman UAE, visit Albarouda.ae today!
How to reset the red filter light on a Samsung refrigerator?
If you notice that the red filter light on your Samsung refrigerator is always on, there is a simple solution. You can reset the red filter light by following these steps:
- Open the freezer compartment of your refrigerator.
- Remove the ice maker cover by pressing down on one end and pulling it off of the unit.
- Move the four wires from the ice maker to the green connector on the back of the freezer compartment.
- Replace the ice maker cover and press down on both ends to secure it in place.
- Close the freezer compartment.
- Reset the red filter light by pressing and holding down the power button for three seconds.
- Release the power button and wait two minutes for the refrigerator to reboot. Your Samsung refrigerator should now have a working red filter light. If this does not fix the issue, please contact Samsung customer service for further assistance.
What to do if the red filter light is still flashing after resetting the light
If the red filter light is still flashing after resetting the light, there may be an issue with the refrigerator’s thermistor. This can be fixed by replacing the thermistor. If that doesn’t work, the problem may be with the compressor or motor. In either case, it will require service from a Samsung technician.
If the red filter light is flashing and the refrigerator is not producing any cold air, it may be due to a blocked air filter. In this case, it will require service from a Samsung technician.
If the red filter light is flashing and the refrigerator is producing cold air, it may be due to a defective fan motor. In this case, it will require service from a Samsung technician. If the red filter light still flashes after resetting the light, it may be necessary to replace the light bulb. To do this, turn off the power to the fridge and remove the front panel.
There are two Phillips screws at the top and bottom of the panel. Remove these screws and lift off the panel. Be careful not to lose any of the wires that come out of it. Underneath is a light bulb. Replace this with a new one if needed and replace the panel.